Is UpVoice Legit? Earn $175 with this Browser Extension
Who doesn’t love the idea of getting paid to scroll through their social media feed? With UpVoice, you’ll get paid just for scrolling every day. You can’t get much more passive of an income than that, right?
With browser extensions like UpVoice, people often wonder if they’re legit, if they actually payout, and if they’re safe to install. This article will give you all of the information on UpVoice, how it works, and if it’s safe to use.
What is UpVoice?
UpVoice is a market research community that anonymously captures the ads displayed on your social feeds through a browser extension. This service allows companies to observe what ads are shown on social media and how they are being received. The more information they have about the consumer, the easier it is to make a direct impact on their campaigns.
UpVoice is a user panel is owned by BrandTotal, a market research firm that helps brands make better marketing decisions. They can see how and if their ads are effective and tweak accordingly.
How Does UpVoice Work?
UpVoice is a browser extension that allows you to earn tokens while scrolling through your social media feed. You earn daily tokens, which are redeemable for free gift cards. You’ll earn tokens for visiting the following social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Amazon. Amazon is the only participating website that UpVoice works with, and don’t worry about not having an active Facebook account – they don’t use Facebook to grab ad information.
To join, you must be at least 18 and fit the consumer profile they’re looking for at this time.
How to Set Up Your Browser Extension
Getting signed up and setting up UpVoice is easy! It’s just four basic steps:
- Sign Up to become an UpVoice panelist
- Install the browser extension from the Chrome web store and make sure you don’t have an ad blocker installed
- Browse your social media feeds as usual
- Earn tokens to redeem for gift cards
Installing the UpVoice extension is easy once you’ve signed up and have been accepted to the UpVoice community. UpVoice on works on a desktop browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge), and it’s easier than installing a download. The UpVoice Chrome extension (or Edge extension) gathers the ad information while you scroll without any more effort on your part.
UpVoice anonymously captures your ads and gives you daily points that are redeemable for various gift cards.
How can I earn money from UpVoice?
To start, you’ll receive a signup bonus of 300 points ($5). Next, you’ll earn 10 points for the first site you visit, then 1 point for each additional site. The maximum number of tokens earned a day is 14.
You can also earn extra tokens every time you reach specific increments of points. For example, when you reach 2,100 points, you’ll get a bonus of 240 points.
Want to know how to earn points on UpVoice? Scrolling through social media isn’t the only way. Other ways to earn points (or tokens) include:
- Answering surveys. Occasionally, UpVoice will send out surveys that your profile matches. You can choose not to do this if you’re not interested, but it can be an easy way to grab some extra tokens.
- Referral program. You can also make up to $100 by referring friends and family to the program. For each person you refer, you’ll make $5, and they’ll get a $5 signup bonus.
Users can expect to make about $175 the first year just by browsing their social media. While it’s not enough to make you rich by any means, it is a great way to start your Christmas fund for this year!
Gift Card Redemption Options
You can begin to redeem your points once you’ve accrued at least 600 points. UpVoice pays $10 USD for each 600 points. Rewards are available for over 130 different gift cards and charities, including:
Gift Cards Available:
- AMC Theatres
- American Eagle
- Banana Republic
- Barnes & Noble
- Bass Pro Shops USA eGift Voucher
- Bath & Body Works
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Best Buy
- BJs Restaurants USA eGift Voucher
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Burger King
- California Pizza Kitchen
- Caribou Coffee
- Carnival Cruise Line
- Cold Stone Creamery
- Crate and Barrel
- Crate & Barrel
- CVS Pharmacy
- Delta Air Lines
- Dicks Sporting Goods
- Flemings Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar
- Foot Locker
- Google Play
- Groupon USA eGift Card
- Grubhub USA
- Jiffy Lube USA eGift Voucher Card
- Kohls USA eGift Voucher
- Krispy Kreme
- Kroger USD
- LongHorn Steakhouse
- Morton’s The Steakhouse
- Nexon Karma Koin
- Nike USA eGift Voucher
- Nintendo eShop
- Old Navy
- Olive Garden
- Outback Steakhouse
- Panera Bread®
- Papa John’s
- Peet’s Coffee & Tea
- Pottery Barn
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Shutterfly egift voucher
- Southwest Airlines
- Spa & Wellness by Spa Week
- Texas Roadhouse
- TGI Fridays
- The Cheesecake Factory
- The Home Depot
- Topgolf eGift Card
- Ulta Beauty
- Under Armour
- West Elm
- Xbox Digital USA eGift Voucher
Charitable Organizations Available:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Animal Shelter Crisis Aid
- Black Emotional and Mental Health Collection
- Black Girls Code
- Black Health Matters
- Black Lives Matter
- Black Trans Advocacy Coalition
- Black Women’s Health Alliance
- Campaign Zero
- Children International
- Clean Water Fund
- Direct Relief
- Doctors without Borders
- Equal Justice Initiative
- Girls who Code
- International Rescue Committee
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Living Through Giving Foundation
- Loveland Foundation
- March of Dimes
- Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research
- NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund
- National Association For The Advancement of Colored People
- National Organization for Rare Disorders
- PayPal USA
- Physical Visa
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Rebuild for Peace
- Save the Children
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
- The Bail Project
- The Skin Cancer Foundation
- Tides Foundation
- Virtual Prepaid Mastercard
- Virtual Visa
Is UpVoice Safe?
I understand why anyone would wonder if UpVoice is safe – it is, after all, collecting data from you.
According to UpVoice’s privacy information, they state:
We respect your privacy and protect your data using the highest security standards. We comply with all privacy regulations, and we never share your personal information with anyone, except when we need to send you your rewards.https://www.joinupvoice.com/faq#upvoice-data-and-privacy
UpVoice also says that any ad data they gather is anonymous, and they aggregate all the information they collect from everyone together so that it’s truly anonymous.
As far as data collection goes, they also state:
We collect your name, email address, and basic demographic information for the purposes of communicating with you, verifying your eligibility for participation in the Panel, and in order to issue your reward (directly or via third-party providers).
We also collect non-personal data such as: a random generated device ID and user ID, general demographic information (such as: age, gender, location and interests) and the ads you are exposed to while using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Amazon.https://www.joinupvoice.com/faq#upvoice-data-and-privacy
Can you use UpVoice on Mobile?
No, UpVoice is not available on your mobile device – yet. From my research, I see that they’re working on a mobile app that should be up soon, making it even easier to earn money when you’re scrolling through your social media throughout the day.
Is UpVoice malware?
No, UpVoice is not malware. It doesn’t install any apps or software on your computer, just an extension on your browser. While any browser extension can allow malware if it’s not secure, UpVoice takes security precautions to ensure all data and connections are safe.
Is UpVoice Legit?
So, is UpVoice legit? After doing an UpVoice review, it seems like this is a no-brainer. It’s a straightforward way to earn extra money without any work – just install the UpVoice Google extension, and get paid!
A quick review of UpVoice:
- UpVoice is easy to sign up and install
- Get 300 sign-up bonus tokens
- A large selection of e-gift cards when redeeming tokens/points
- Using it takes no extra effort at all
- Earning is limited to 14 tokens a day
- Rewards are only paid out in gift cards or charitable contributions
- Currently, UpVoice is only available in the United States and UK
- UpVoice is only available on desktop for now (mobile coming soon!)
UpVoice really is an easy way to make money passively. The best part is that it takes less than a minute to sign up for the free service. Looking for other ways to make money? Try one of these ideas:
- The 14 Best Places to Dumpster Dive
- 46 Ways to Make an Extra $1000 a Month
- The Top 100+ Woodworking Projects to Sell to Make Extra Money
- The 13 Best Things to Sell on Etsy
- Selling on Poshmark vs. ThredUp: Which is Better?
- How to Make Money on eBay: The Ultimate Guide
- 120+ Side Hustles for Women
- How to Sell Feet Pics Online & Make Easy Money
- How to Earn Money as a Kid in 2023
- 50+ Legit Online Jobs that Pay in 2023
- Best Paid Focus Groups in 2023: Make $150+ an Hour
- Introverts, Rejoice! 27 Jobs Where You Can Work Alone
- Is Wheelzy the Right Way to Sell Your Car?
If you want more information on how this works or are ready to try it yourself, let me know in the comments below!
A forty-ish web designer/developer by day, a budget & financial fanatic by night. I’m a mom, wife, avid reader, and DIY enthusiast who’s tracking our journey to debt freedom. Read More