50 Money Affirmations to Attract Wealth
Money affirmations are short sentences that can help you rewire your thought patterns. Rather than focusing on negative ideas around money, you redirect your negative self-talk and create a new focus and future for yourself.
While it sounds easy, it can be a challenge. It’s not some get quick rich scheme and isn’t a matter of saying it once and – poof! – your fairy godmother is throwing piles of cash into the air (I know, we all wish, right?).
Let’s dig into how money affirmations work, personalizing them, how often you should use them, and what kind of results you can expect.
How do Money Affirmations Work?
Money affirmations help you to rewire negative thoughts, beliefs, and actions around money so that you stop the cycle and change your reactions.
For example, if you have a belief from childhood that women aren’t meant to earn more than their husbands, you might find yourself unconsciously not applying yourself at work t o avoid acquiring a promotion and making more than your spouse.
While it’s an extreme example, we often trip ourselves on our path to financial freedom with ingrained beliefs that are most likely not noticeable. We usually pick these up from childhood, family members, and even our community or society.
Creating a Growth Mindset
My daughter’s elementary school is big on having a growth mindset. When you have a growth mindset, you believe that you can learn and achieve good things. And so, you try harder and are much more likely to achieve more. Mindsetworks.com sums it up best:
After studying the behavior of thousands of children, Dr. Dweck coined the terms fixed mindset and growth mindset to describe the underlying beliefs people have about learning and intelligence. When students believe they can get smarter, they understand that effort makes them stronger. Therefore they put in extra time and effort, and that leads to higher achievement.https://www.mindsetworks.com/science/
Wealth affirmations work similarly. By rewiring any negative thoughts you have surrounding money in your subconscious mind, you can put yourself on the path to achievement. You are more open to financial opportunities and working to clean out negative beliefs you have about yourself with money when you focus on positive words.
So, can affirmations make you rich? While everyone’s experience will vary with money affirmations (and it isn’t quite the same as the law of attraction), you can work to break negative thoughts that are affecting your thoughts, beliefs, and actions.
What are the best affirmations for money?
Everyone is different, so the affirmations that touch a spark in their mindset will be different as well.
However, to figure out which affirmations work best for you, here are some easy steps to figure out what works for you:
How to Create Personalized Affirmations
To create personalized money affirmations to help you grow, you’ll need to work on your limiting beliefs.
The best way to figure out your limiting beliefs around money is to sit down and journal. You can choose to just free-write for 20 minutes or answer specific questions, such as:
- What’s your first money memory?
- How does having a lot of money make you feel?
- How does not having enough money make you feel?
- Do you feel deserving of money?
- What emotions surround cash for you? Is it shame, guilt, anger, sadness, or something else?
- Do you feel like you ever have enough?
- How do you feel about rich people?
Analyzing Your Beliefs
Once you write out your thoughts, look through them for common themes and beliefs. They could be something like:
- Money is evil.
- Rich people are selfish.
- It’s too much hard work to make money.
- I don’t like dealing with lots of money.
- If I’m rich, people won’t like me.
- I don’t understand money.
- Money causes issues in relationships.
- Becoming rich means sacrificing everything necessary.
- I’m not smart enough/good enough/important enough to make good money.
Now that you know what messages you’ve internalized, it’s essential to create an affirmation to refocus your thoughts.
For example, if you think money is evil, you can instead say:
Money is a tool to help me live the financial life I want.
Your money affirmation or mantra should be positive statements and present tense. An example would be:
I am great at handling my finances.
What can I say to attract money?
Whether you genuinely believe the abundance affirmations that you’re trying to incorporate right now or not, you’re chipping away at that negative thought cycle that’s causing you to continue to put yourself in negative situations with money.
Here’s a list of daily affirmations to try to help you move on from a scarcity mindset:
- I can achieve all of my financial goals.
- I trust myself with an abundance of money.
- Money is a positive tool that can create a positive impact on a daily basis.
- I love money and what it can do for me / my family.
- I accept and receive money.
- Money comes easily to me.
- There is more than enough money in my bank account.
- I deserve to make more money.
- I am open to receiving financial abundance.
- My life is filled with abundance and wealth.
- I am allowed to have success and wealth.
- I spend money responsibly.
- Money is constantly flowing into my life.
- I deserve money in my life.
- I always have more money coming in than going out.
- Money is abundant, and I attract it naturally.
- I am a money magnet.
- I have more than enough money to meet my needs.
- Money comes to me in both expected and unexpected ways.
- I am open to receiving wealth.
- My financial situation is improving every day.
- I am worthy of having money.
- I am smart with money and financially free.
- There is always enough money.
- I am worthy of receiving money.
- My net worth is increasing.
- I am worthy of a financially stable life.
- I release my fear / shame / guilt /anger around money.
- There is always more than enough money in my life.
- I attract opportunities to make more money.
- I am financially responsible.
- My finances are improving significantly every day.
- I make smart financial decisions and can handle money skillfully.
- I always have more than enough.
- The money I have brings me joy.
- I am wealthy.
- Abundance comes easily to me.
- I quickly discover new ways to make large sums of money.
- I can create financial success.
- Money is drawn to me, and I’m drawn to it.
- I am at peace with money.
- I am grateful for the money I now have.
- Managing my money well is easy for me.
- I can use my money for good.
- I am overcoming my impulsive spending easily.
- When I contribute I get back more money.
- I use money to improve my life and the lives of those I love.
- I can handle success.
- My money is comes easily to me.
- I get rich doing what I love.
How often and when should I do money affirmations?
What we surround ourselves with is what sticks in our brains. It’s vital to incorporate your money affirmations into your life in different ways, such as a sticky note on your mirror, the background on your phone screen, or any method to help you practice your affirmations daily. Some tips to help you make the most of it are:
- Try 5+ minute meditations to focus on your affirmations. They don’t have to be fancy or time-consuming, just a quiet spot to repeat your mantra.
- Say your affirmations the first thing when you wake up and the last thing you do when you go to bed.
- Make sure that you select an affirmation that speaks to you. If it doesn’t, it’s either not the right one (for right now), or you’ve worked past that particular belief.
- Your positive affirmations should be present tense.
- Visualize your money affirmations. Picturing them makes it easier for your mind to accept them.
- Find similar friends, groups, books, and other resources that share your money goals to create positive habits and support.
- Fake it til you make it! Sometimes money affirmations can feel weird, untrue, or strange. That’s ok – it’s a sign that you need to work on that bit, and embracing it is the best way to get through it!
Additional Resources for Affirmations
Luckily, there are many great books and youtube channels to help you explore the idea of using affirmations and money mantras to create positive attitudes.
Some of my favorites places to find a list of money affirmations are:
- You are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero
Absolutely one of my favorites – her writing is witty, easy to read, and has exercises to help you reflect on your existing beliefs and how to rework them.
- The Abundance Code: How to Bust the 7 Money Myths for a Rich Life Now by Julie Ann Cairns
- We Should All Be Millionaires: A Woman’s Guide to Earning More, Building Wealth, and Gaining Economic Power by Rachel Rodgers
As another favorite, I’ve read this multiple times! Rachel Rodgers is easy to like, direct, and to the point, like a family member you didn’t know you needed! A fantastic take on how to leverage your abundance mindset and resources to change your finances.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- 31 Badass Money Mindset Affirmations: A fun easy guide to transform your finances and create the wealth and abundance you deserve by Joyce Rojas
- Money Affirmations Coloring Book: 50 Patterns with 50 Money Affirmations for Changing Your Limiting Beliefs about Money, Prosperity, and Abundance by Colorful World Press
- The Power of Your Spoken Word: 300 Powerful Affirmations for Manifesting Money and Massive Success by Eddie Coronado
- Let that Sh*t Go: A Journal for Leaving Your Bullsh*t Behind and Creating a Happy Life by Monica Sweeney
- Badass Affirmations: The Wit and Wisdom of Wild Women by Becca Anderson
Money affirmations can be a powerful tool in helping you to create a positive mindset and rewire your brain to focus on positive thoughts. While it sounds easy, it’s essential to spend time exploring your beliefs and challenging them to grow beyond your current situation.
Learn more about how thoughts can affect your finances:
A forty-ish web designer/developer by day, a budget & financial fanatic by night. I’m a mom, wife, avid reader, and DIY enthusiast who’s tracking our journey to debt freedom. Read More