2017 Liebster Award Nominee
I was nominated for the 2017 Liebster Award and so glad to accept it! Arune from More Than a Plate was kind enough to pass on the recognition. Her blog has a ton of great recipes for real, unprocessed whole foods. She also discusses natural health as well as her outdoor adventures with her family. Hop on over and take a look if you’re looking for guidance in making some easy, healthy changes for yourself and your family!
For any of you wondering what the Liebster award is – you can find more info & the official rules on it here.
Arune came up with some Q&A questions for her nominees and here are my answers:
- Why did you start your blog? I love personal finance, learning, and sharing information. It was a no brainer to start a blog, seeing as how I do website development during the day. It all just kinda fell into place!
- What do you struggle with on your blog/social media etc? Social media is tough. I’ve been struggling with feeling like I’m doing it “right”. Also, it’s very time consuming. Most people assume blogging is just writing a post and putting it up. However, there is a ton of work behind the scenes with social media, online marketing, and networking. I’m hoping to get this part down pat so I can focus on other stuff. Or just hire a VA as soon as possible! 😉
- Where do you see your blog at in a year? Five years? I’d love for my blog to starting to turn a profit and branching out in a year. I’d love to have it expand from a hobby to a legit lifestyle in five years!
- What do you do to stay productive? I write out a ton of to-do lists. I promise myself to work on my blog a little bit each and every day. I keep purchasing new resources and online trainings to keep myself involved and learning as well.
- What is your favorite season? Why? This one’s tough. I love something different about each season. I’m gonna go with fall, because you can break out the sweaters and lattes!
- Sum yourself up in 5 words. Oh boy. I am: smart, funny, caring, kind and did I mention funny? 😉
- Where would you love to take a week-long vacation? I’d love to go back to Ireland, but for longer than a week. Ditto on Scotland. I’m thinking for a week vacation, the beach would be the perfect destination!
- What would you pack for that vacation if you could only take a carry-on? I would pack my swimsuit, kindle, phone and charger, and a lot of snacks with protein for lazy beach days!
- What is your favorite outdoor activity? I love going for walks. I don’t always have a lot of time to, but I’m hoping to get back into it soon.
- Do you have any routines? Rituals? Um, yeah. Essentially my entire day!
One blog that I love and could spend hours reading is Michelle’s blog, Making Sense of Cents. She’s not only well educated and well spoken, but has made some amazing strides in her early years. She roams the country with her husband living the RV life, and even went on a weeks’ long sailing trip recently! All of her articles are well researched, informational, and really apply to the average person’s financial situation. Go check it out!
This is the really fun part, sharing my nominees!
- Mindy at Finding Scholarships
- Cassidy at Cassidy’s Adventures
- Ari at Ravenous for Reads
- Paula at Visiting the World
- Jaimi at Pockets Full of Daises
Q&A for My Nominees
- What drove you to start a blog?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What’s the one piece of advice you’d give other newbie bloggers?
- Which is your favorite social media and why?
- If you had to pick a secondary topic to start another blog on, what would it be?
- Do you work most on your blog in the morning or evening?
- What’s your most favorite part of blogging?
- What’s your least favorite part of blogging?
- What are your hopes for your blog in one year?
- Where’s the best vacation spot you’ve ever been to? (I had to throw one non-blog question in there!)
Nominees, please comment and let me know you’ve accepted your nomination – I’d love to see your responses when you post!
Printable Debt & Savings Trackers Just for You!
Use these free debt & savings tracking printables to help you track and achieve all of your financial goals!
A forty-ish web designer/developer by day, a budget & financial fanatic by night. I’m a mom, wife, avid reader, and DIY enthusiast who’s tracking our journey to debt freedom. Read More