About Debt Free Forties
Hello and welcome to Debt Free Forties! I’m Tana (rhymes with Donna), and I created this personal finance and lifestyle blog to hold myself and my family accountable when it comes to our finances. I wanted to track our debt repayment progress and in the process, help others find motivation with their financial situation.
In 17 months, we paid off over $27,000 in debt. Now we’re working on saving our 3 – 6 month emergency fund so we can work towards our other financial goals.
I’ve read a ton of personal finance books, scoured blogs, listened to podcasts, and watched plenty of financial tv shows. I love all things finance-related and still find myself learning every day as I look for new tactics to try to boost our net worth.
I work as a web designer/developer from home full-time and have always found myself following the entrepreneur lifestyle by picking up freelance and finding side gigs. I’m a huge advocate of side hustles and using it to pay off debt or boost savings.
I’ve been featured in several publications, including:
- Debt Free Forties Shares Personal Experiences and Provides Tips to Fix Finances and Achieve Goals by badcredit.org
- How to Negotiate Your Medical Bills by The Paper Gown
- Tax Dos and Don’ts For New Gig Workers by Forbes
- Trim Review: Bill Negotiation without the Hassle by ChooseFI
- I tried to get my savings in shape with a no-spend week – here’s what I learned by BankRate
- Best Money Advice from Dad by Finance Superhero
- 50+ Crazy Things People have Done to Save Money by Making Sense of Cents
- Ask Trim Review: Save Money with Automation by The College Investor
- Setting Financial Goals: Why Money Goals Matter to your Financial Health by Financial Impulse
- Meet the Women of the Financial Independence Movement by Tread Lightly, Retire Early
- How to stay motivated while paying off debt at Cents + Purpose
- 20 Ways To Get an Extra $500 in Your Paycheck by the End of the Year by GoBankingRates.com
- 15+ Unique & Lucrative Side Hustle Ideas by Girl Talk with Fo
- How to Find Inspiration on Your Debt Free Journey by Frozen Pennies
- 40 Easy Ways to Save Money in College by The Wallet Wise Guy
- Wait – Is it Already Time for Holiday Shopping?! Shave Hundreds off Your Total With These Plan-Ahead Tips From Top Money Bloggers by Parade
- 5 Expenses to Cut Instead of Coffee by OppU / OppLoans
- Scary Money Mistakes from the Freelancer Files by Mint
- How I Stopped Worrying About Money by The Busy Budgeter
- Can You Really Make Money Taking Surveys Online? by The Money Manual
- This Savings Pro Collected $830 from Ibotta and Rakuten Last Year. Here’s How She Did It. by DollarSprout
- How to Live Frugally & Still Get What You Want by Piggy
There are a lot of people out there that thought they’d be further along financially in their 30s and 40s. I’m one of them. I hope you find some use of the content here and know you’ve found a friend you can talk about finances with.
I look forward to interacting with you all and finally becoming debt-free!
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partnerships & Sponsored Posts
I’d love to discuss any partnership ideas or collaborations! I can help promote your brand by creating sponsored posts coupled with social media campaigns to get the most exposure for your brand. Please contact me to discuss opportunities and rates, or to receive a copy of my media kit. Contact me at .
A forty-ish web designer/developer by day, a budget & financial fanatic by night. I’m a mom, wife, avid reader, and DIY enthusiast who’s tracking our journey to debt freedom. Read More